Clothes are much more than just garments we use to cover up and warm up. Fashion is a way to express our personality, habits, mood, and many other things – and it’s so much fun.
The book Mind What You Wear: The Psychology of Fashion by Professor Karen J. Pine reveals interesting conceptions people have towards others, according to what they wear. This might help you understand the importance of your clothes better and use it to your advantage.
- A man in a perfectly tailored suit looks more trustworthy than someone wearing casual clothes.
- A human eye tends to wander around a print, which can make a person wearing it appear bigger.
- People are convinced they are mentally stronger when they wear a Superman t-shirt.
- Vertical lines elongate the figure.
- A woman wearing a man-style suit on a job interview has better odds getting a job.
- People are more likely to lend money to those who dress in a similar fashion.
- People move faster when they follow someone wearing red color compared to someone in blue clothes.
- Men are more likely to buy clothes after trying them on than women.