We all want to look nice on somebody else’s special day, but there are a few unwritten rules that you shouldn’t break if you don’t want to achieve the opposite effect.
A perfect wedding guest outfit is elegant and feminine, perhaps slightly sexy if that’s your style, but be careful not to send the wrong message. Here are the general guidelines you should follow when choosing a wedding outfit.
- Don’t wear a white dress. This is pretty obvious, but worth mentioning. Even if the bride’s dress is not white, avoid it. The same goes for other typical wedding dress colors, such as powder pink, eggshell, etc.
- Make sure your dress/skirt isn’t too short. If in doubt, switch it for something a bit longer.
- A mermaid-style dress is not the happiest choice, especially if the bride’s wedding dress is similar.
- Double check the underwear you’re wearing and make sure it supports you in the right places.
- A lot of cleavage is not something most women can pull off without looking vulgar, so be careful.
- Jeans and other casual clothes don’t have a place at fancy events.
Scroll down for some great examples of what you can and should wear to a wedding.